Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/05 04:25:13 UTC

Broken record a bit here: building spark on intellij with sbt

For building in intellij with sbt my mileage has varied widely: it had
built as late as Monday (after the 1.3.0 release)  - and with zero
'special' steps: just "import" as sbt project.

 However I can not presently repeat the process.  The wiki page has the
latest instructions on how to build with maven - but not with sbt.  Is
there a resource for that?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPARK/Contributing+to+Spark#ContributingtoSpark-IntelliJ

The error I see is same as from a post in July

http://apache-spark-user-list.1001560.n3.nabble.com/Build-spark-with-Intellij-IDEA-13-td9904.html

Here is an excerpt:

uncaught exception during compilation: java.lang.AssertionError
Error:scalac: Error: assertion failed:
com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException
java.lang.AssertionError: assertion failed:
com.google.protobuf.InvalidProtocolBufferException
        at scala.reflect.internal.Symbols$Symbol.info(Symbols.scala:1212)

The answer in the mailing list to that thread was about using maven .. so
that is not useful here.

Re: Broken record a bit here: building spark on intellij with sbt

Posted by Deep Pradhan <pr...@gmail.com>.
Akhil, it is not able to find the SBT package when I tried the steps given
in the site.

Posted by Arush Kharbanda <ar...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
I follow these ones to import sbt projects.

1. Install sbt plugins: Goto File -> Settings -> Plugins -> Install
IntelliJ Plugins -> Search for sbt and install it
2. File ->Import->browse the root of spark source code

I hope this helps

--

[image: Sigmoid Analytics] <http://htmlsig.com/www.sigmoidanalytics.com>

Arush Kharbanda || Technical Teamlead

arush@sigmoidanalytics.com || www.sigmoidanalytics.com

Re: Broken record a bit here: building spark on intellij with sbt

Posted by Stephen Boesch <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Akhil

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.
Here's the sbt version