Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hans Juergen von Lengerke <le...@sixt.de> on 2002/04/04 14:56:04 UTC

Can mod_proxy handle https?

Hello,

after upgrading our apache from 1.3.11 to 1.3.24 I can't map remote
servers into the space of the local server if I try to do so via https.
This used to work in 1.3.11 and now it doesn't in 1.3.24 (irrelevant
stuff excluded):

  <VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:443>
      ServerName www.ourserver.com
      SSLEngine on
      RewriteRule ^/example/(.*)$ https://www.example.com/$1 [P,L]
  </VirtualHost>

(There was no need for a ProxyPassReverse in this case, but adding one
doesn't solve the problem)

Any ideas?

Re: Can mod_proxy handle https?

Posted by Hans Juergen von Lengerke <le...@sixt.de>.
Well, I'm using mod_proxy. I am not aware of mod_proxy_http or
proxy_https. I thought https works with mod_proxy but now I'm not so
sure. Can someone shed more light on this?

Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net> on Apr 4, 2002:

Posted by Artiom Morozov <ar...@phreaker.net>.

Posted by Hans Juergen von Lengerke <le...@sixt.de>.
Maybe I should rephrase the question: Are there any problems with the
configuration below? Is there something obvious that I am missing or
should this work?