Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsw.com> on 2003/11/08 03:02:18 UTC

[codec] Maven build oddity

Hello,

I've been using Maven to build [codec] locally. All goes well except this
one goal:

statcvs:generate:
    [echo] fetching cvs logs...
    [cvs] cvs log: Unknown method (`extssh') in CVSROOT.
    [cvs] cvs [log aborted]: Bad CVSROOT:
`:extssh:ggregory@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs'.
    [mkdir] Created dir:
C:\cvs-store\apache.org\jakarta\commons\codec\target\docs\statcvs
    [mkdir] Created dir:
C:\cvs-store\apache.org\jakarta\commons\codec\target\generated-xdocs\statcvs
    [java] StatCvs-XML - CVS statistics generation
    [java]
    [java] java.lang.NullPointerException
    [java]      at net.sf.statcvs.Main.getModuleName(Main.java:193)
    [java]      at net.sf.statcvs.Main.run(Main.java:159)
    [java]      at net.sf.statcvs.Main.main(Main.java:78)
    [java] null
    [java] [ERROR] Java Result: 1

Any tips?

Thanks,
Gary

Re: [codec] Maven build oddity

Posted by __matthewHawthorne <ma...@phreaker.net>.
I'll take a guess.

In the log message, you can tell that it didn't like your CVSROOT.  It
looks like you checked out the code using the extssh method in Eclipse?
    I believe that this is an Eclipse-only connect method, and command
line CVS tools don't like it.  Perhaps StatCvs doesn't detect this
problem very well and bombs via NullPointerException.

For a quick fix, you can either check out using the :ext: method and
tunnel through ssh, or just comment out the statcvs report in your
project.xml when doing local builds.

Hope this helps.