Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by cameron <ca...@ogmios.ca> on 2004/03/17 04:38:13 UTC

JSP code template

When a JSP is compiled the following is always placed into the
_jspService method along with the code you create:

    JspFactory _jspxFactory = null;
    PageContext pageContext = null;
    HttpSession session = null;
    ServletContext application = null;
    ServletConfig config = null;
    JspWriter out = null;
    Object page = this;
    JspWriter _jspx_out = null;

    try
    {

          // your code

    } catch (Throwable t) {
      if (!(t instanceof SkipPageException)){
        out = _jspx_out;
        if (out != null && out.getBufferSize() != 0)
          out.clearBuffer();
        if (pageContext != null) pageContext.handlePageException(t);
      }
    } finally {
      if (_jspxFactory != null)
_jspxFactory.releasePageContext(pageContext);
    }

Is it possible to change the code that is automatically inserted? I know
I can get a JSP to inhert but then the code is outside of the
_jspService method. I would like do something before the page context is
released and it needs to be in the 'finally' piece of the code.

Thanks

-Cam