Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Steve Aaker <sa...@Sasco.com> on 2000/09/22 17:48:01 UTC

Learning xsl:fo

Hello.

Where can I find tutorial information on XSL:FO elements. I have the XLS
Version 1.0 W3C Working Draft 27 March 2000. It does not appear to be
written for programmers. I need something that explains concepts and how to
create different kinds of documents. Perhaps there is a book available.
There is a book out on XSLT. I can't seem to find anything on XSL:FO. Maybe
there is a SGML book that would help.

More examples would help. I looked at the examples with FOP.

Some of the questions I have, are:

How are headers and footers set up?
How to set up fixed sized blocks?
How do you do floating groupings?

Please don't answer these questions because they are a drop in the bucket. I
need a resource to provide me with understanding so I can answer my own
questions.

Thanks for any help.

Steve

Re: Learning xsl:fo

Posted by Sebastian Rahtz <se...@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>.
Steve Aaker writes:
 > Where can I find tutorial information on XSL:FO elements. I have the XLS
 > Version 1.0 W3C Working Draft 27 March 2000.

Thats it. Learn to love it, and study examples

 > written for programmers. I need something that explains concepts and how to
 > create different kinds of documents. Perhaps there is a book
 > available.
nope.

 > Please don't answer these questions because they are a drop in the
 > bucket.

oh. ok, I wont then....

study some examples. I offer http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/tei/ - there
are XSLT stylesheets to transform TEI XML to XSL FO.

sebastian