Posted to users@camel.apache.org by janz <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/08 12:59:35 UTC

Atom component logs warn message

I'm using the camel atom component. During the initial startup of my
application I always see this WARN message in logs

DefaultTypeConverter WARN  Thread-0 Overriding type converter from:
StaticMethodTypeConverter: public static java.util.Date
com.emc.srm.thirdparty.camel.component.atom.AtomConverter.toDate(java.lang.String)
throws java.text.ParseException to: StaticMethodTypeConverter: public static
java.util.Date
org.apache.camel.component.atom.AtomConverter.toDate(java.lang.String)
throws java.text.ParseException

This occurs only when during start/restart of the application.

Is there something that I need to take care of?

Re: Atom component logs warn message

Posted by Babak Vahdat <ba...@swissonline.ch>.
Hi,

you appear to have defined a String ==> Date Converter using the @Converter
annotation:

com.emc.srm.thirdparty.camel.component.atom.AtomConverter.toDate(java.lang.String)

On the other hand as you make use of the camel-atom component (it's on the
classpath) Camel detects an equivalent one by:

org.apache.camel.component.atom.AtomConverter.toDate()

If the used conversion format there (yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm:ss) is good enough
for you then just remove your own converter and let's Camel make use of the
one camel-atom already provides. If not then you can ignore that warning as
it just intends to say that an already provided Converter definition has
been overrieden by another one that you provided.

Babak