Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Karr, David" <da...@attws.com> on 2002/11/14 17:29:40 UTC

RE: Using Javascript submit(), how can I tell what did the submit in an action?

I see several strategies for this:

1. Design your page and your Action so you don't need to know.  Your
request parameters will indicate the current settings.  This will allow
your page to work even if javascript is disabled (an unfortunate
consideration).

2. Put each drop down into its own form.

3. Make the onchange handler also use dhtml to set the value of a hidden
field.