Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by C G <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2009/09/07 07:45:28 UTC

discyp between different versions of Hadoop...

Hi All:
Does anybody know if it's possible to distcp between an old version of Hadoop (0.15.x, for example) and a modern version (0.19.2)?
A quick check trying to move from an "old" grid  to a "new" grid shows a "Incorrect header or version mismatch" error in the new grid's NameNode log, and a SocketTimeOut exception on the distcp on the old grid.
Any help/info most appreciated.
Thanks,C G

Re: discyp between different versions of Hadoop...

Posted by Jason Venner <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, I don't think of the ftp interface at all and had completely
forgotten it.

Posted by Erik Forsberg <fo...@opera.com>.

Posted by Jason Venner <ja...@gmail.com>.
You pretty much have to stage the files through somethime.
If you can make source version of hadoop's fuse mount work, you can copy in,
using the fuse mount as a source.

Posted by C G <pa...@yahoo.com>.