Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Xiangdong Huang <sa...@gmail.com> on 2020/03/15 04:13:05 UTC

Understanding the deploy process of IoTDB-website

Hi,

I see some guys are working for the UI of  IoTDB website and translate the
markdown files as static htmls.

Then I tried to search "IoTDB" on Google and find the content is not
indexed by Google.

I remember @Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>  said that it is
because of VUE [1].

Then I searched how to make VUE SEO friendly and according to [2], we need
to change the VUE mode to "history".  But if we do so, we have to add some
URL mapping rules for the HTTP server.

There are some questions confusing me:

- which http server we are using? Apache HTTPD?  Tomcat? or others?

- (Maybe this question has no relation with add URL mapping rules.) After
reading the jenkinsfile of IoTDB-webiste and the build/deploy.js file, I
find the Jenkins can push codes to asf-site directly. But how the changes
on the asf-site branch trigger a deployment event?  I see a comment on the
jenkinsfile: "Deploy the artifacts using the wagon-maven-plugin.", but I
can not find any code about that...

- Is that possible to add the URL mapping rules? E.g., ask for help from
INFRA?

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/d6a40de667a201ff3f1e73ddd1b88ab911f8c505373ef046894cb884%40%3Cdev.iotdb.apache.org%3E
[2] https://dzone.com/articles/how-to-make-vuejs-website-seo-friendly