Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by #NGUYEN HA DUY# <Y0...@e.ntu.edu.sg> on 2011/12/06 06:23:55 UTC

How to test/run Hadoop after build the code

I got the Hadoop source code, and I able to build the source code with "mvn clean install -DskipTests -P-cbuild", but I don't know how to test the built program (run it on a cluster)

May I ask how do you often test your changes on Hadoop with a cluster? I want to run my Hadoop on a cluster and see the effect of the changes I made. But I don't figure how...

Is the development steps something like this:
- Change code
- Build
- Run Unit tests
- Try run on a cluster
- Commit
?

In addition, I've joined IRC chat FreeNode -> hadoop, but I've found that the channel is very inactive... How do you often communicate with other Hadoop developer? Not using IRC?

Any of your help is very much appreciated,
Thank you

Re: How to test/run Hadoop after build the code

Posted by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Check the single node and cluster setup documentation for Hadoop

http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.23.0/ - for the new MR engine (0.23
release)
http://hadoop.apache.org/common/docs/r0.20.205.0/ - for the old MR engine
(non 0.23 release)

Here are some other tutorials for running 0.23 release.

http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2011/11/building-and-deploying-mr2/
http://www.crobak.org/2011/12/getting-started-with-apache-hadoop-0-23-0/

Regards,
Praveen