Posted to user@olingo.apache.org by "anu238 ." <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/11 08:03:06 UTC

mysql and odata

All,
I want to expose my mysql tables using odata APIs., can you please guide me
on any tutorial which supports odata over mysql ? Many thanks  in advance
for your help.
Thanks & Regards,
Anurag

Re: mysql and odata

Posted by "anu238 ." <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Michael for replying back.
Best,
Anurag

Re: mysql and odata

Posted by "Bolz, Michael" <mi...@sap.com>.
Hello Anurag,

Currently the JPA support for Olingo V4.x is not on any roadmap.
It only exists as PoC in OLINGO-549 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-549 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-549>).

Re: mysql and odata

Posted by "anu238 ." <an...@gmail.com>.
All,

Re: mysql and odata

Posted by "anu238 ." <an...@gmail.com>.
All,

Re: mysql and odata

Posted by mibo <mi...@apache.org>.
Hello Anurag,

Olingo as core OData library for V4 does not provide support to directly expose data from MySQL databases.
There is a PoC for a JPA based extension (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OLINGO-549
) however this is just starting.
So you have to write your own service implementation with according database connectivity (see here for tutorials around Olingo V4.x: http://olingo.apache.org/doc/odata4/index.html
).

For OData V2 exists the JPA based extension (http://olingo.apache.org/doc/odata2/tutorials/CreateWebApp.html
)

Re: mysql and odata

Posted by Dong Li <li...@apache.org>.
Hello,

For OData V2, you can leverage JPA:
https://olingo.apache.org/doc/odata2/tutorials/CreateWebApp.html
For OData V4, JPA is not supported, and seems no replacement so far.

Thanks,
Dong Li

> All,
> Can someone please reply to my previous email?
>
> On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 11:03 PM, anu238 . <an...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> All,
>> I want to expose my mysql tables using odata APIs., can you please guide
>> me on any tutorial which supports odata over mysql ? Many thanks  in
>> advance for your help.
>> Thanks & Regards,
>> Anurag

Dong