Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by siva kumar <si...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/25 15:02:46 UTC

unknown host exception

Hi Folks,
                    Im trying to write some data into hbase using pentaho.
Im facing issue in connecting to hbase using hbase outpout step.

com.google.protobuf.serviceexception: java.net.unknownhostexception:
unlnown host : xxxxx

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance.
siva

Re: unknown host exception

Posted by Manasa Mantena <da...@gmail.com>.
Is there any other way apart from modifying hosts file as we don't have
permissions to modify hosts file?

Thanks in advance
Manasa

Re: unknown host exception

Posted by siva kumar <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted Yu,
                     Im using hbase 0.96
Hi Anubhav,
                      yes.i can ping the machine.also,i have added the IP
in the hostfile.Im able to telnet to the zookeeper port to the host machine.

Thanks

Re: unknown host exception

Posted by siva kumar <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted Yu,

Re: unknown host exception

Posted by siva kumar <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted Yu,

Re: unknown host exception

Posted by siva kumar <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted Yu,

Re: unknown host exception

Posted by siva kumar <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ted Yu,

Re: unknown host exception

Posted by Anubhav Agarwal <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: unknown host exception

Posted by Anubhav Agarwal <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: unknown host exception

Posted by Anubhav Agarwal <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: unknown host exception

Posted by Anubhav Agarwal <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: unknown host exception

Posted by Anubhav Agarwal <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: unknown host exception

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Siva:
I am not familiar with PDI

I assume C15740 is reachable from the machine where you ran Pentaho.
Which release of hbase are you using ?

Cheers

Re: unknown host exception

Posted by siva kumar <si...@gmail.com>.