Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Garrett Smith <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/05 21:42:58 UTC

How to make a jar file and exclude .java files?

I want to make a jar file that contains all of my classes but none of my java
files.

I run ant from WEB-INF/classes/.

Is there a stepwise tutorial on how to do this with ant?

something like
-overview: blah,
-step 1. in your application's root directory, make a file named build.xml.
-step 2. ...

Thanks,

Garrett

Are we through with all that politics crap yet?

=====
http://dhtmlkitchen.com/
JSP | Servlets | DHTML

Garrett Needs A Job

Re: How to make a jar file and exclude .java files?

Posted by Garrett Smith <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Jacob,

I actually got it from the manual.

	  <jar jarfile="/development/tomcat/webapps/dhtmlkitchen_dev.jar"
	  		basedir="/development/tomcat/webapps/dhtmlkitchen_dev/"
	  		excludes="*.java,*/sqltest/*,*/sqltest2/*"
	  		 />

Thanks,

Garrett

=====