Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kevin Murphy <mu...@unbc.ca> on 2004/09/03 23:44:40 UTC

[users@httpd] apache 2.0 and PHP 4

Hello,

My apology if this is the wrong place to post the following (I tried to
get the user info and faq by sending mail to
users-help@httpd.apache.org, and users-help@httpd.apache.org, but was
sent an email that said they were not available).  This is my first time
on the list serve.

I have been working on a Windows XP box which I set up the following so
I could develop and test web sites on my local machine: Apache 2.0,
PHP-4.3.4-Win32, and MySql 4.0.20a.

All has been working and running relatively flawlessly for oh say 5 or 6
months now.  I made no changes to the configuration files, but for some
reason, Windows is refusing to start the Apache services.  The error log
file for Windows services just says there is an error.  There have been
no windows updates recently or any other major changes that I know of so
am a bit baffled. Does anyone have any idea what may be the cause?  Or
have any ideas where I could find a solution.  I have only been able to
find installation instructions, but no support for this particular
issue.  Do I have to reinstall??

Thanks again, and please let me know if this is not the proper place to
post.

Re: [users@httpd] apache 2.0 and PHP 4

Posted by hunter <th...@gmail.com>.
Eugene,

Starting apache from the command line will sometimes give you
diagnostic information that will help you resolve problems starting as
a service.

>From the apache/bin directory try this command:

apache -?

Then you will see apache -k start, etc.

Chris

Re[2]: [users@httpd] apache 2.0 and PHP 4

Posted by Eugene <ht...@infosatgeomatica.com>.
Hello Kevin, this message its better then nothing. Its typical if your
firewall is blocking your ports or where your IP has changed or when
other server listens on the same port (I dont think this is a
problem), how exactly configured your Listen directive?
If its Listen 192.168.1.100:9090 and you're sure that you have port
9090 accessible outside then replace it:
Listen 9090 (without IP!)
then try to change your NameVirtualHost to NameVirtualHost *:9090
then configure your VirtualHost like:
<VirtualHost *:9090>
    ServerAdmin webmaster@host.com
    DocumentRoot C:/path/to/your/htdocs/
    ServerName host.com
    ServerAlias *.host.com
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ C:/path/to/your/cgi-bin/
    ErrorLog C:/path/to/your/error.log
    CustomLog C:/path/to/your/access.log common
</VirtualHost>

If you have firewall - open to Apache inbound TCP on port 9090
(on some firewalls its outbound - try to change this parameter)

Give me to know how it goes:)
Regards

Posted by Eugene <ht...@infosatgeomatica.com>.