Posted to announce@apache.org by Christopher <ct...@apache.org> on 2020/09/08 19:33:44 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Accumulo 1.10.0

The Apache Accumulo project is pleased to announce the
release of Apache Accumulo 1.10.0!

Apache Accumulo 1.10.0 is a continuation of our 1.x series,
and contains a few major bug fixes since 1.9.3, and several
performance enhancements and other improvements. This
release is expected to be the last of our 1.x versions,
which can be used with either Hadoop 2 or Hadoop 3 (2.0.0
and later versions require Hadoop 3). This version requires
Java 8 or later.

With this release, we have adopted a "Long Term Maintenance
(LTM)" strategy, and this will be our first LTM release. As
such, we intend to continue to provide 1.10.patch releases
until a year after our next LTM release. However, no new
features are expected to be developed on the 1.x series.
Please see the release notes linked below for more details
about our LTM strategy.

This release is primarily intended for existing 1.x users
who are not yet ready to upgrade to Accumulo 2.x, and want
the latest bug fixes and performance improvements on a
stable release series. All existing users of any prior 1.x
version are encouraged to upgrade to this version as soon as
possible to be on the most stable and best supported 1.x
release available, or to upgrade to 2.0.0. 1.9 and earlier
will no longer receive patch releases.

New users are encouraged to consider starting with the
existing 2.0.0 release instead of this release, as new
development is expected to have a greater focus on the 2.x
series moving forward. A new 2.x LTM release is also
anticipated in the near future that will support upgrades
from either 2.0.0 or from the latest 1.10 release available
at the time of its release.

***

Apache Accumulo® is a sorted, distributed key/value store
that provides robust, scalable data storage and retrieval.
With Apache Accumulo, users can store and manage large data
sets across a cluster. Accumulo uses Apache Hadoop's HDFS to
store its data and Apache ZooKeeper for consensus.

This version is now available in Maven Central, and at:
https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/

The full release notes can be viewed at:
https://accumulo.apache.org/release/accumulo-1.10.0/

--
The Apache Accumulo Team