Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by easyproglife <ea...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/15 17:37:26 UTC

Should ivy.xml enable dependency imports?

Hi.

My situation is like this:

I have many projects each one with its own ivy.xml.
I see that many of them share the same dependency.

Do you think it makes sense to support dependency-import from a common
ivy.xml fragment file?

To be specific, I use the 2.2 use case as described here:
http://wiki.apache.org/ivy/IvyUseCase
Each project has the dependency on the same properties file.

Is there a way not to duplicate the dependency code across all ivy.xml files
in all the projects?

easyproglife.

Re: Should ivy.xml enable dependency imports?

Posted by Gilles Scokart <gs...@gmail.com>.
Note that the reason for maven to have such feature are much more
important because pom contains much more informations (including
dependency managment and plugin managment blocks dedicated for this
usage).

Note also that if the imported dependency file is located in a
published repository, it might raise some problems : circular
dependencies, two phase dependency resolution (first find the file to
include, then resolve the real dependencies).

Gilles

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.