Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by samir das mohapatra <sa...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/22 07:37:21 UTC

How To Load Data Between two cluster

Hi All,
   I have senario in my project dev,
  The senario is, I have a bussiness  data  in HBASE  which is different
from Development cluster but the requirement is , how to bring the data
from Hbase which is on one cluster to  HDFS  another cluster

CASE1:
   Let cluster-1 and Cluster-2

   cluster-1(Hbase)  ---------------> cluster2(hdfs)
   cluster-1(Hbase)  <--------------- cluster2(hdfs)

Case2:
   cluster-1(Hbase)  ---------------> cluster2(hive)
   cluster-1(Hbase)  <--------------- cluster2(hive)

Note:- Before going forward I am looking good solution  , which will  be
best fit.

Regards,
samir.

Re: How To Load Data Between two cluster

Posted by Mahesh Balija <ba...@gmail.com>.
Hi Samir,

               One solution for your Case 1 can be,
                  1) First you export your data in Hbase (Cluster1) to the
HDFS (Cluster1)
                  2) And then using distcp command you can copy the data
from HDFS (cluster1) to HDFS (cluster2)
                      and vice versa
               I am NOT sure whether this is the optimized solution, prolly
you can check for other approaches.
               Case 2:- After case 1 you can build Hive tables on the HDFS
(Cluster2)

Best,
Mahesh Balija,
CalsoftLabs.