Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2015/10/10 09:54:02 UTC

SNAPSHOT tag updated

I've spoken more on Bugzilla than on the list lately, so I'm now
catching up and providing some more information.

As you may have noticed, the SNAPSHOT tag has been updated in
preparation for a RC2 that will be available early next week.

This RC2 may be a release we vote on, since all blockers are now in. In
other words, it's time to prepare for a release.

When RC2 binaries are available, early next week, I'll of course notify
the lists. Until then, it is fine to keep testing RC1.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: SNAPSHOT tag updated

Posted by Mathias Röllig <mr...@gmx.net>.
>> At the moment always
>> Apache_OpenOffice_4.1.2_Linux_x86-64_install-deb_de.tar.gz
>> is missing in
>> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.2-rc1-r1705606/binaries/de/
>>
>> When will a build be available for testing?
>
> Those builds will come with RC2, it is easier to do so than re-upload
> the missing files in RC1.
>
> If there interest in testing that version as soon as possible, I can
> probably make one RC2 installer (like: the 64-bit Linux DEB installer,
> German version) available for download from my people.apache.org space
> in a few hours. This is exactly the same file that will be on
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/ when all builds are
> completed and uploaded. Do you want to have it available early?

If it will come with the other language versions it is OK.

Thank you!

Regards, Mathias

Re: SNAPSHOT tag updated

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> If there interest in testing that version as soon as possible, I can
> probably make one RC2 installer (like: the 64-bit Linux DEB installer,
> German version) available for download from my people.apache.org space

It was ready earlier than expected, so you can now find it at
http://people.apache.org/~pescetti/tmp/2015-10-412rc2-test/
(German version only).

This matches the current SNAPSHOT (i.e., 4.1.2-RC2) and it is exactly
the same file you will find at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/ when 4.1.2-RC2
binaries for all languages and variants have been built and uploaded.

Of course, the copy on people.apache.org will be removed in a few days,
when 4.1.2-RC2 is announced.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: SNAPSHOT tag updated