Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/10/24 17:41:36 UTC

Testing strategy for ServiceWSDLBuilder

I don't see any tests of ServiceWSDLBuilder in systests. This 'imports'
issue has to be tested against Aegis and JAX-WS - the mock strategy in
the test that accompany ServiceWSDLBuilder won't do it, I think. Am I
missing something, or should I just toss in a systest.

RE: Testing strategy for ServiceWSDLBuilder

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
That's what I did, but I had to do it in systest, since I needed a
frontend.

For
> instance, a bunch of Aegis tests grab the WSDL and then run assertions
> on it. Which will use ServiceWSDLBuilder underneath. (See
> AbstractAegisTest.getWsdlDocument(...) and run a few searches for its
> usages. So it's tested, just not directly.
>
> These tests would also probably make a good template for your tests.
> Then you could do something like:
>
> Document wsdl = getWsdlDocument(...);

assertValid("//schema[@targetNamespace='urn:foo']/import[@namespace='urn
:i