Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2019/12/04 13:56:06 UTC

New TAC-mode for all Apache Committers: Applications open for FOSDEM 2020

Hi all,

perhaps some of you have missed this information so I would like to promote this again in the communities I’m involved in.

Apache has setup some completely new funds for making it possible for Apache committers to travel to non-Apache open-source events.
In this case we are sponsoring trips to Fosdem 2020.

This invitation concentrates on anyone not requiring a Visa to go there as we won’t be able to sponsor people which require Visas.
Applications are greatly simplified and in general the rules have been loosened.
So in general every Apache committer can apply once a year for a conference on the same continent.

So if not being able to afford the trip is preventing you from going to Brussels next year: Please consider applying for TAC.

Chris

Von: Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>
Antworten an: "tac-apply@apache.org" <ta...@apache.org>
Datum: Mittwoch, 4. Dezember 2019 um 14:47
An: "committers@apache.org" <co...@apache.org>
Betreff: Re: TAC Applications open for FOSDEM 2020

Hi Committers!

The deadline for submitting TAC applications to go to FOSDEM 2020 has been extended for a few more days
closing now on the 10th December, details of the original email included below.

Gav... (TAC Chair)

On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 12:02 PM Gavin McDonald <gm...@apache.org>> wrote:

Hi Committers!

As part of TACs mission to support ASF related events other than ApacheCon, we are opening up
applications for 'committers' only to apply for Travel and/or Hotel Accommodation assistance to
get interested folks to Fosdem 2020 to be held in Brussels on the 1st and 2nd February 2020.

This is a free entry event; and as such with TACs help, you can apply to have Travel and/or Hotel
paid for to enable people to go who otherwise could not afford to attend.

As is usual with TAC assistance, you will be required to help out at the event to help pay back our
investment in getting you there. Things like helping staff the ASF booth, handing out stickers etc
to other attendees and generally evangelise and talk to others about what it is to be involved in the
ASF as a Committer on a project.

You will be required to arrive on the 31st January 2020, in order to have a pre-event meeting and
attend a welcome dinner, where we will go through what is expected of you during the event itself.
You may also expect to leave on the 3rd February depending on return travel arrangements.

At present, we will only be accepting applications from those geographically close to the event.
Due to this being a third party event, we are not able to provide visa assistance for attendees,
and so will only be accepting TAC applications from people with a passport from one of the 62
countries that are either within the European Union or have a visa-waiver agreement with the EU.

As the event is not that far away now, applications are open now! And will close on the 3rd December
at midnight UTC, so you haven't got long to apply!

Thanks, and good luck to all those that apply, hope to see you at Fosdem!

Apply now at https://tac-apply.apache.org<https://tac-apply.apache.org/> .

Gav... (TAC Chair)