Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Fkolar- globenet <fk...@globenetsystems.com> on 2000/08/26 07:57:51 UTC

NEED HELP: Cannot create bean of class

Hi everybody,

I am trying to instantiate bean in jsp page , I am getting Exception
"ServletException : Cannot create bean of class className". I can't get rid
of it.

<%@ page language="java" errorPage="error.jsp" session="true" %>

<%@ page import="com.gns.b2b.user.*" %>
<%@ page import="java.util.*"%>

<jsp:useBean id="userBean" scope="request" class="com.gns.b2b.user.User" />
<jsp:setProperty name="userBean" property="*" />

this exception means (ClassNotFoundExce...) that tomcat Cant find my class
com.gns.b2b.user.User, I can;t find out why , everything is in the place.
I am working with this class in another jsp pages and everythig is fine (not
instantiate it),   but when I call USEBEAN to instantiate bean so tomcat
print
 out this exception.

here is my directory structure :

appname\
                \ images
                \ Meta-inf
                \ web    - here is my jso files
                \web-inf
                \ web-inf \ classes  -  here is all my package within
"com.gns.b2b.user.User"
                \ web-inf \ lib
                \ web-inf \ lsrc

thanks for any ideas