Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/04 22:57:46 UTC

Strange behavior on 1.4.2

One of the technologies that we have under Continuum management at one of
my clients is Oracle Forms.

The vendor supplied scripts to build/deploy require parameters including a
database linkage parm in the form of id/pw@instance

This seems to now have an issue - reporting "Arguments contains invalid
characters".

Looks like BuildDefinitionAction-saveBuildDefinition-validation.xml has
gotten more aggressive in checking the arguments line.

Advice on an easy "global" fix for this, or do I need to edit all the
validation.xml files?

Thanks,

Louis

Dr. Louis Smith, ThD
Chief Technology Officer, Kyra Solutions, Inc.
Museum Director, Veterans Memorial Railroad

Re: Strange behavior on 1.4.2

Posted by Louis Smith <dr...@gmail.com>.
the oops is deeper than I thought.  if you have a project name with
parenthesis [Our Really Cool (ORC) project] it will load; if you edit it on
screen the edit will reject the name; but the next run puts it back from
the pom update code.  Can't have the pom loader/update routine accepting
what a screen edit won't.

Whatever the character suppression rules are for the XSS concerns, the POM
loader/validator must use the same.

Re: Strange behavior on 1.4.2

Posted by Brent Atkinson <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Louis,