Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Luiz-Otavio Zorzella <z0...@zorzella.com> on 2004/09/23 17:37:28 UTC

How to have permission restrictions in svn?

Hi,

I'm an CVS old-timer, and I'm trying out svn for real after much
postponing and preparation (reading and waiting for svn on cygwin).

What I'm trying to setup, though, I can't seem to find any docs for:
different permissions for different folders. Ideally, I'd like to
restrict writability on "trunk" (HEAD, basically) to select users, while
allowing all to freely commit to branches they create.

Because svn does away with server folders, I can't figure out how to do
that.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Zorzella

Re: How to have permission restrictions in svn?

Posted by "David F. Newman" <dn...@epnet.com>.
On Thu, 2004-09-23 at 13:37, Luiz-Otavio Zorzella wrote:
> What I'm trying to setup, though, I can't seem to find any docs for:
> different permissions for different folders. Ideally, I'd like to
> restrict writability on "trunk" (HEAD, basically) to select users, while
> allowing all to freely commit to branches they create.
>
> Because svn does away with server folders, I can't figure out how to do
> that.

As far as I know you have to use Apache2 with the mod_authz_svn apache
module.  The file subversion/mod_authz_svn/INSTALL that comes with the
subversion source distribution explains how to set it up.  I'm using it
and it works really well.