Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Pavel S. Vasilets" <pa...@lab.sun.mcst.ru> on 2001/12/03 14:31:35 UTC

KeepAlive server troubles

Hi.Sorry for my english.

When I implement my plug-ins i encounter one trouble under Solaris.

Client (browser) open connection to the server Apache-1.3.22
and send first request: "GET  <my_url> HTTP/1.1"
Server child process my request, generate response and wait new
request, but second request: "POST <my_url> > HTTP/1.1 <data>"
processing other server child - not first. I needed to transmit
server data state from first child to the second and after that
process second request. Can I create main for all my request structure?
Or can server process more than one request inside one child memory space?

1)my_client------->GET.... ----->child{0}

2)child{0}------->response1------->my_client

3)my_client------->POST.... ----->child{0} - i need it
3)my_client------->POST.... ----->child{1} - really work
(but child{0} and child{1} havenot common memory space)

4)child{0}------->response2------->my_client

Thanks,
Pavel.mailto:pavel@lab.sun.mcst.ru

Re: KeepAlive server troubles

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
"Pavel S. Vasilets" <pa...@lab.sun.mcst.ru> writes:

> When I implement my plug-ins i encounter one trouble under Solaris.
>
> Client (browser) open connection to the server Apache-1.3.22
> and send first request: "GET  <my_url> HTTP/1.1"
> Server child process my request, generate response and wait new
> request, but second request: "POST <my_url> > HTTP/1.1 <data>"
> processing other server child - not first. I needed to transmit
> server data state from first child to the second and after that
> process second request. Can I create main for all my request structure?
> Or can server process more than one request inside one child memory space?

With Apache 1.3, a particular server process ("child memory space")
can process only one connection at a time.

If you have state to be maintained and shared among all server
processes, consider using shared memory.

Even using a threaded model in Apache 2.0, the normal situation is to
have multiple server processes each with many threads, so it will
still be important to deal with sharing memory across processes.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...