Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Mathur, Asheesh" <as...@hpsglobal.com> on 2001/07/14 08:23:28 UTC

EJB and ANT

Hi All,
This is my first mail to this group.
I need to build EJBs and deploy them in WL6.0. I am in a dilemma, whether to
use <ejbjar> or do a step by step process.
Looks <ejbjar> requires strict naming conventions for ejb-jar.xml and so
on....

Can somebody help me out ...a sample(with multiple EJBs would be great)

Thanks
Asheesh

Re: EJB and ANT

Posted by Conor MacNeill <co...@cortexebusiness.com.au>.
Asheesh,

In Ant 1.3, <ejbjar> supports two naming conventions - the basejarname
attribute allows you to specify the name of the generated bean, otherwise
the name of the bean is related to the filename of the deployment
descriptor.

In Ant 1.4, I have added two new naming conventions - one where the bean
name is related to the directory naming of the deployment descriptor's
directory and the other based on the <ejb-name> in the deployment
descriptor.

I have uploaded a sample build showing all of the naming conventions in
operation. Currently you can find that at
http://www.apache.org/~conor/ejb-naming.zip

If I get time, I'll clean it up and include it in the documentation.

Again, the "directory" and "ejb-name" samples require the latest Ant build
to work. The others should work with Ant 1.3, but I haven't checked.

Also the sample was only tested with weblogic.

Conor