Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tommy Peterson <To...@xpandcorp.com> on 2011/06/07 22:21:57 UTC

[users@httpd] What triggers AUTH_TYPE to show up?

If I have the following Location directive and in the headers the Auth Type shows up accordingly it says [AUTH_TYPE] => shibboleth
<Location /drupal>
  AuthType shibboleth
  ShibRequireSession On
  ShibUseHeaders On
  Require shibboleth
</Location>

What triggers the "AUTH_TYPE" header variable to show up?

I have another <Location> directive for another directory. It is locked down with the log in prompt as above and the headers show up the problem is that that AUTH_TYPE=> shibboleth doesn't show up. It is the only difference. I know it authenticated as the header also shows the attributes.

So I am confused as to why this one variable (AUTH_TYPE) isn't showing up.

And there is not "AUTH TYPE not set " in the log or anything else referencing the AUTH TYPE.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

________________________________
This message contains Devin Group confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.
Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail in error and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmissions cannot be guaranteed secure, error-free and information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late, incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for errors or omissions in the contents of this message which may arise as result of transmission. If verification is required please request hard-copy version.

Re: [users@httpd] What triggers AUTH_TYPE to show up?

Posted by Jeroen Geilman <je...@adaptr.nl>.
On 06/07/2011 10:21 PM, Tommy Peterson wrote:

> If I have the following Location directive and in the headers the Auth
> Type shows up accordingly it says [AUTH_TYPE] => shibboleth
>
> <Location /drupal>
>
>   AuthType shibboleth
>
>   ShibRequireSession On
>
>   ShibUseHeaders On
>
>   Require shibboleth
>
> </Location>
>
> What triggers the "AUTH_TYPE" header variable to show up?
>
> I have another <Location> directive for another directory. It is
> locked down with the log in prompt as above and the headers show up
> the problem is that that AUTH_TYPE=> shibboleth doesn't show up. It is
> the only difference. I know it authenticated as the header also shows
> the attributes.
>
> So I am confused as to why this one variable (AUTH_TYPE) isn't showing
> up.
>
> And there is not "AUTH TYPE not set " in the log or anything else
> referencing the AUTH TYPE.
>
> Any thoughts?

You'll have to show the complete config, and relevant logs - both access
and error.

--
J.