Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Stefan Burkard <sb...@previon.ch> on 2004/07/14 12:02:08 UTC

different page- and form-encodings?

hi cocoon-users

i'm publishing some html-forms with cocoon - the html-pages are utf-8
and the browsers are using this encoding correctly.

if anybody submits a form i use the entered values to send a mail to
myself with all the provided values - i'm using the mail-logicsheet for
this and also define the encoding of the messages as utf-8

if i receive a message, the mailclient uses utf-8 correctly. all the
static text in the message (entered directly in the xsp) is correct, but
all the entered values from the form isn't utf-8!

is it possible that the form-values are encoded like the clients
operating system? can i convert the encoding of the form-values i get
into another encoding?

because i provide these forms for example in german and russian it's
important that anything is utf-8

thanks and greetings
stefan

Re: different page- and form-encodings?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 14.07.2004 12:02, Stefan Burkard wrote:
> hi cocoon-users
>
> i'm publishing some html-forms with cocoon - the html-pages are utf-8
> and the browsers are using this encoding correctly.
>
> if anybody submits a form i use the entered values to send a mail to
> myself with all the provided values - i'm using the mail-logicsheet for
> this and also define the encoding of the messages as utf-8
>
> if i receive a message, the mailclient uses utf-8 correctly. all the
> static text in the message (entered directly in the xsp) is correct, but
> all the entered values from the form isn't utf-8!
>
> is it possible that the form-values are encoded like the clients
> operating system? can i convert the encoding of the form-values i get
> into another encoding?
>
> because i provide these forms for example in german and russian it's
> important that anything is utf-8

I guess you read the values submitted by the client with the wrong
encoding. Read http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon/RequestParameterEncoding
for more information.

Joerg