Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Trainee Bingo <tr...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/17 07:13:47 UTC

Error

Hi All,

I have a sqoop script which brings data from oracle and dumps it to HDFS.
Then that data is exposed to hive external table. But when I do :

*hive> select * from <table_name>;*

*OK*

*Failed with exception java.io.IOException:java.io.IOException: Can't find
sync mark in the stream*

*Time taken: 1.015 seconds*
*hive>  *

But the data is visible on HDFS. Could anyone help me?

Re: Error

Posted by Jörn Franke <jo...@gmail.com>.
Do you have the create table statement? The sqoop command ?