Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Web Maestro Clay <we...@mac.com> on 2004/11/20 20:43:04 UTC

FOP Web site updated

Howdy folks,

I updated the Apache FOP web site. It now uses Apache Forrest 0.6, a
new skin/theme and (drum roll please...) new FOP logo. Other the
changes included in this 'release':
- new, improved look & feel ;-)
- new FOP logo (thanks to all submitters & especially Scott Hoffman &
Victor Mote!)
- wholesite.html[3] file (contains entire site in one 639K file!)
- added xmlgraphics.apache.org link in breadcrumb
- added newest Committers to the Team page[4]
   (we could use blurbs from those of you who haven't provided one ;-)
- added mailing list info & other renderers to FOP Resources page[5]
- added Defoe & FOray to FOP Resources page

In addition, PBW's alt.design/ was renamed Defoe & moved to SF.net[6].
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Peter B. West for his many
past (and hopefully continuing!) contributions the Apache FOP Project.
The design/alt.design/ directory no longer exists on FOP. I'll get a
re-direct for that directory.

There are a few problems with the new site that are still being
resolved:
- wholesite.pdf is broken (d'oh!) but will be fixed (or removed ;-)
soon!
- many svg/png/pdf files were transformed 'manually' instead of via
Cocoon
- the Apache XML Graphics Project logo is a work in progress
- I like darker blue borders on <http://www.krysalis.org/> site nav

I welcome the recipients of this e-mail to go through the site and make
comments.  I took a few liberties here and there (e.g., the breadcrumb
looks funny, but I *think* it'll be OK...). Everything should be
up-to-date. Hopefully I've gotten the most recent changes to
documentation in. Now that I've got the web site rendering I hope to
have more time for Web site updates and other improvements.

[1] Apache FOP Web Site
http://xml.apache.org/fop/?refresh
[2] Apache FOP Logo Contest
http://xml.apache.org/fop/logocontest.html
[3] Apache FOP Whole Site HTML
http://xml.apache.org/fop/wholesite.html
[4] FOP Team page
http://xml.apache.org/fop/team.html
[5] FOP Resources page
http://xml.apache.org/fop/resources.html
[6] Defoe web site (new home of FOP 'Alt.Design' branch)
http://defoe.sourceforge.net/

Have a nice weekend!

Web Maestro Clay
--
<we...@mac.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>
There are 10 types of people in the world: