Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Alex <my...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/28 18:31:18 UTC

edir/techwebresources spam

Hi,

I haven't previously thought it to be much of an issue because the
volume has been low, but lately, the volume of spam from us.edir1.com,
relayed through edmta.net, is now high enough that I need some advice.

The relay is whitelisted by JMF_W, has GOODMAIL, IADB, SPF, and DKIM
signed, yet it's almost certainly spam. "Get Rich Quick" schemes, loan
offers, etc. Here's an exxample:

http://pastebin.com/m2765fa24

I've changed '@' to '#' to get by pastebin spam filters.

Is this spam? Probably another case of policy decisions, but can
anyone cite an example of legitimate mail coming from them?

Also, can I ask about techwebresources.com and techtargetlists.com?
The former is a spam website, but the content of the email and headers
all seem to relate to techweb/InformationWeek.

The latter hits both DNS_FROM_AHBL_RHSBL and JMF_BL, but are part of
the search*.techtarget.com, like searchsecurity.techtarget.com.
Hopefully it's a simple case of it being misclassified, because there
is a lot of email from that source too.

Thanks,
Alex