Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Tea Yu <te...@netvigator.com> on 2004/09/21 04:49:23 UTC

Re: Use of SortComparator.getComparable() ?

Dear all,

I'm recently implementing a sort logic that leverages an external index,
however, I'm confused by the newComparator() and getComparable() in
SortComparator.

It seems natural to me that IndexSearcher -> FieldSortedHitQueue ->
factory.newComparator().  However, what's the use of getComparable() if
newComparator() is doing the job?  Any use scenario?

Thanks
Tea

Re: Use of SortComparator.getComparable() ?

Posted by Tea Yu <te...@netvigator.com>.
Hi all,

Just digging deeper.. It seems the Custom comparables used in newComparator
comes from getComparable(), right?

Thanks
Tea