Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Emilian Bold <em...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/07 06:29:15 UTC

Portions Copyrighted 2007-2008 Stefan Riha, Roland Poppenreiter

spellchecker.bindings.properties/src/org/netbeans/modules/spellchecker/bindings/properties/PropertiesTokenListProvider.java

--emi

Re: Portions Copyrighted 2007-2008 Stefan Riha, Roland Poppenreiter

Posted by Matthias Bläsing <mb...@doppel-helix.eu>.
Hi,

Am Samstag, den 07.10.2017, 09:29 +0300 schrieb Emilian Bold:
> spellchecker.bindings.properties/src/org/netbeans/modules/spellchecke
> r/bindings/properties/PropertiesTokenListProvider.java

I would override the copyright and replace it with the ALv2:

 * If Oracle and Sun both followed the policy, that an OCA is required
   or an employment contract is required to commit to the netbeans
   codebase, than the code can be relicensed by Oracle and the matter
   is done or
 * The code is not long enough / creative enough to create a work that
   can be protected

If you are paranoid we need another developer, that has not yet seen
the source code and will reimplement it base on the specification we
will supply. But I'd consider that ridiculous.

Greetings

Matthias