Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Deepal Jayasinghe <de...@opensource.lk> on 2004/11/15 07:37:23 UTC

[Axis2] Phase Rule (Hanlder properties)

hi all;

As we decided in the chat :

before and after property of a handler can represent either "Handlers" or "Phases" , but there should be a way to differentiate them. It can possible to read the value of the before and after and then decided whether those represent handlers or phases. But that involve high cost. So can I suggest a format for before and after properties which reduce the processing cost.

the current representation

  before="xs:anyURI"

what if we change that to following format

 1. if the property  represent a handler

     before = "[Handler]xs:anyURI"

 2. if the property represent a phase

    before = "[Phase]xs:anyURI"

Then the processing is very simple

Thank you

Deepal

Deepal Jayasinghe
Lanka Software Foundation
0714 817 310

RE: [Axis2] Phase Rule (Hanlder properties)

Posted by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>.
Hi Deepal:

Even simpler - how about we just keep names unique across handlers and
phases, and then we won't need to differentiate?  I think that phase
ordering is something that can mostly (maybe always?) be done at startup
time instead of on a per-invocation basis, therefore I don't see a big
performance hit even if we did need to search through two lists.  However I
think we can easily build it so we only need to search through one.

--Glen