Posted to commits@beehive.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2005/09/01 20:52:57 UTC

[Beehive Wiki] Update of "DocConventions" by SteveHanson

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Beehive Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by SteveHanson:
http://wiki.apache.org/beehive/DocConventions

  == Formatting ==
   1. Indents are four spaces.
-    * rich / eddie +1
+    * rich / eddie / steveh +1
   1. Multiline XML text content is indented, on its own line:
       {{{
@@ -19, +19 @@

            another line</p>
     }}}
-    * rich / eddie +1
+    * rich / eddie / steveh +1
+      An exception is the <source> tag.
+      The following looks ugly in the browser because it produces excessive white space:
+      {{{
+      <source><![CDATA[
+          <netui:span value="${pageScope.fooAttribute}"/>
+      ]]></source>
+      }}}
+      Instead, use the following:
+      {{{
+      <source><![CDATA[ <netui:span value="${pageScope.fooAttribute}"/> ]]></source>
+      }}}
+      * steveh +1
   1. Right margin is 120 characters.
-    * daryl / rich / eddie +1
+    * daryl / rich / eddie / steveh +1

  == Terminology ==
   1. "'''NetUI'''", not "Netui".
-    * rich +1
+    * rich / steveh +1
   1. "'''Page Flow'''" for the controller-related piece of NetUI.  'Note that "NetUI" is a top-level component alongside Controls and WSM.  Page Flow is a part of NetUI -- it is never used as a top-level Beehive component.
-    * rich +1
+    * rich / steveh +1
   1. "'''page flow'''" for a single directory path that contains a controller and a set of pages.  Common noun.
-    * rich +1
+    * rich / steveh +1
   1. "'''NetUI web project'''" to describe a set of files that can be built into a webapp.  In most cases we will be talking about a "NetUI web project", unless we're talking about the actual thing that got built/deployed.
-    * rich +1
+    * rich / steveh +1
   1. "'''page flow controller'''" for the controller class (extended from PageFlowController) piece of a page flow.
-    * rich +1
+    * rich / steveh +1
   1. "'''shared flow controller'''" for a controller class that extends SharedFlowController and which can be used by page flows.
-    * rich +1
+    * rich / steveh +1
   1. "'''Shared Flow'''" for the feature that allows you to create/use shared flow controllers.
-    * rich +1
+    * rich / steveh +1
   1. "'''shared flow'''" -- ''delete this term from the doc'' -- replace with "shared flow".
-    * rich +1
+    * rich +1 steveh +? Do you mean "replace with Shared Flow"?
   1. "'''controller class'''" as a general term for a page flow controller or a shared flow controller (e.g., the class myPageFlow.MyController)
-    * rich +1
+    * rich / steveh +1
   1. "'''controller file'''" -- ''delete this term from the doc''
-    * rich +1
+    * rich /steveh +1
   1. "'''JSP'''", not "JSP page"
-    * rich +1
+    * rich / steveh +1

  == Mechanics ==
   1. We always use full xpath in "site:..." links.
-    * daryl / eddie +1
+    * daryl / eddie /steveh +1
     * rich +0

  == Code Formatting ==