Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Dibyendu Majumdar <di...@mazumdar.demon.co.uk> on 2005/01/21 22:37:15 UTC

XA One-Phase commit - was Re: Derby architecture/design documents

Mike wrote:

> I saw on your site you mention an issue with derby, XA, branch and
> single phase commit.  Could you file a derby issue for this if you
> believe the derby implementation does not meet jdbc and XA specification

I have checked the XA specification and to my chagrin (for I hate to be
wrong ;-), Derby is right and I am wrong. The documentation for xa_commit()
says:

"All associations for *xid must have been ended by using xa_end() with
TMSUCCESS set in flags."

The good thing is that it builds my confidence in Derby's XA implementation.
As I test more of Derby's XA functionality, I will report my findings. I
will remove the erroneous statement from my issues list.

Regards

Dibyendu