Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <nb...@apache.org> on 2010/11/25 05:23:21 UTC

[VOTE] Velocity Engine 1.7 release (take two)

Ok, no complaints about this build.  If you haven't tested it yet (but
you did, right? :), here's the link:

http://people.apache.org/~nbubna/velocity/engine/1.7/

Please vote on whether to release this as GA:

[ ] +1 Let's do it
[ ] +0 Have fun; i don't care.
[ ] -0  Not sure about this, but i won't stop you.
[ ] -1 No, because __________________

If we have the necessary votes, i will close the vote Sunday (Nov 28),
around dinnertime PST.  if not, well, we'll cross that when i come to it.

Re: [VOTE] Velocity Engine 1.7 release (take two)

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

compiled, tested, reviewed docs on windows 7 machine running ant 1.8 with
java 1.6_022

Went through the changelog.  Lots of cool little changes.  nice

WILL

[RESULT] [VOTE] Velocity Engine 1.7 release (take two)

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
+1 from apetrelli, nbubna, wglass and cbrisson

no other votes.  i'll try to push out the release in the morning.  too
late to do it right now.

and yes, Claude, that's a good idea.  there are significant new
features too, though.  as for shutting off the deprecation warnings,
they can update their templates, raise the log level, or shut off
logging, but there's no specific switch for all deprecation warnings.
that kind of thing will be easier if i ever get around to implementing
the event-based logging i dream of for 2.0...

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
+1

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2010/11/25 Nathan Bubna <nb...@apache.org>:
> Please vote on whether to release this as GA:
>
> [ ] +1 Let's do it

+1
Antonio