Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Bren Norris <br...@measanctum.com> on 2009/12/14 06:07:13 UTC

apache DS closes sockets with openLDAP

Hey guys,

I can run Softerra LDAP Administrator and easily add custom Object Classes
to the DIT... however when using ApacheDS openLDAP will shut the socket down
for the same operation.

Anyone have any immediate thoughts that spring to mind as to save me from
"known issues"?

Re: apache DS closes sockets with openLDAP

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Quoting Bren Norris <br...@measanctum.com>:

> And finally,
>
> If need be I can rip out a protocol analyser (eg. Wireshark) so development
> for Apache directory studio can get to the very bottom of this if it's
> deemed a critical issue.

Yes, that would be great if you could provide us a network dump for both:
- Apache Directory Studio
- and Softerra Admin

Please create a Jira issue and attach the dumps there.

For communication with the LDAP server we currently just use JNDI. So
please let us know your Java version and OS.

Many Thanks,
Stefan

Posted by Bren Norris <br...@measanctum.com>.
And finally,

Posted by Bren Norris <br...@measanctum.com>.

Posted by Bren Norris <br...@measanctum.com>.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <se...@apache.org>.
Hi Bren,

Posted by Bren Norris <br...@measanctum.com>.
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de> wrote:

> Bren Norris wrote:
>
>> I can run Softerra LDAP Administrator and easily add custom Object Classes
>> to the DIT... however when using ApacheDS openLDAP will shut the socket
>> down
>> for the same operation.
>>

> I guess you mean Apache Directory Studio (the RCP client), not AoacheDS
> which is the server). Which versions of the Software (both client and
> server) do you use? Which OS?
>
> Greetings from Hamburg,
>    StefanZ

Hi StefanZ,