Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org> on 2012/01/29 01:09:35 UTC

missing dependency and non-central maven repository

Hello

I'm failing to compile stanbol due to a missing dependency
org.drools:drools-compiler:jar:5.1.1 required in
org.apache.stanbol.data.bundlelist.

Also I see that the list of maven repositories other than maven central is
quite long, we cannot release modules that have dependencies that are not
in maven central, to keep maven central self contained no third-party
repository dependency are allowed.

cheers,
Reto

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.1:resolve-plugins
(resolve-plugins) on project org.apache.stanbol.data.bundlelist: Nested:
Could not find artifact org.drools:drools-compiler:jar:5.1.1 in apache (
http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/)
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Then, install it using the command:
[ERROR] mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.drools
-DartifactId=drools-compiler -Dversion=5.1.1 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Alternatively, if you host your own repository you can deploy the
file there:
[ERROR] mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=org.drools
-DartifactId=drools-compiler -Dversion=5.1.1 -Dpackaging=jar
-Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]
[ERROR]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] org.drools:drools-compiler:jar:5.1.1
[ERROR]
[ERROR] from the specified remote repositories:
[ERROR] apache (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots/, releases=true,
snapshots=true),
[ERROR] java.net (http://download.java.net/maven/2, releases=true,
snapshots=true),
[ERROR] repository-codehaus (http://repository.codehaus.org, releases=true,
snapshots=true),
[ERROR] nuxeo-vendor-release (
https://maven.nuxeo.org/nexus/content/repositories/vendor-releases,
releases=true, snapshots=true),
[ERROR] clojars.org (http://clojars.org/repo, releases=true,
snapshots=true),
[ERROR] com.springsource.repository.bundles.external (
http://repository.springsource.com/maven/bundles/external, releases=true,
snapshots=true),
[ERROR] kiwi-project_SNAPSHOTS (
http://devel.kiwi-project.eu:8080/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/,
releases=true, snapshots=true),
[ERROR] kiwi-project (
http://devel.kiwi-project.eu:8080/nexus/content/repositories/releases/,
releases=true, snapshots=true),
[ERROR] apache.snapshots (http://repository.apache.org/snapshots,
releases=false, snapshots=true),
[ERROR] central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2, releases=true,
snapshots=false)
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e
switch.
[ERROR]
please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
[ERROR]
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the
command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :org.apache.stanbol.data.bundlelist

Re: missing dependency and non-central maven repository

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Fabian, all

Because it is related to this Thread ..

regarding the LDPath dependencies:

The two LDPath artifacts (api and core) are currently SNAPSHOT and
hosted on a private maven server.  I already agreed with Sebastian
that we will make a release soon and also upload this dependencies to
maven central.

best
Rupert

Posted by Reto Bachmann-Gmür <re...@apache.org>.