Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Klama <no...@tampabay.rr.com> on 2002/12/20 03:33:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Frontpage Server Extensions

Can anyone tell me of the best place to get Frontpage server extensions
for Apache.  Before I go through all of the trouble of installing and
configuring the module, is this absolutely necessary to have if clients
want to upload web pages using their frontpage program?  If it is not
necessary, will DAV work for this task or do I need something else?

Mike

Re: [users@httpd] Frontpage Server Extensions

Posted by Future Shock Business Solutions <fu...@shaw.ca>.
Frontpage Server Extensions for Unixes are supplied by Microsoft. Seems that
Unix support is handled by a company called Ready-to-Run Software. There is
a Beta for using FPSE2002 with Apache 2 and a patch to run it with Apache
1.3. See http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport/fp2002supported.htm

I'm not sure about DAV (someone else may have an answer), but if clients
want to upload web pages using their FrontPage program you may also have to
consider what other parts have been developed using MS-centric add-ons.

Below is a list of references that I have gathered into a file that may be
useful.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=41372&area=search&o
rdinal=1
For more MS info:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnservext/h
tml/fpse02unix.asp

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mirfak/

http://www.rtr.com/fpsupport/

N/G: microsoft.public.frontpage.extensions.unix

http://www.nicedata.com/Articles/apa_fp.html
http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~heinlein/fp-apache.html
http://zts.com/msfpse/msfpse4apache.htm

http://www.apacheweek.com/issues/02-07-12#news
http://newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=02/07/08/1358241

http://www.linuxnewbie.org/nhf/intel/webserving/a_m_f1.html
"Setting up Apache with mySQL, Frontpage 2000 Extensions, and PHP NHF" is a
Newbieized Help File (NHF) written by Dallas Engelken for newbies to get
Apache up and running with Frontpage support in no time at all.

http://www.apacheweek.com/issues/97-10-17#fpexe
http://alive.znep.com/~marcs/fp/

http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/faq.htm
http://www.apacheweek.com/issues/96-06-07#setuid