Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Sasha Dolgy <sd...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/01 13:07:50 UTC

backup strategies

Hi Everyone,

One of the fears I've always had with DFS and building up these large
data stores, like Cassandra, is what to do in the event of an
unexpected fault or failure.  This happened with gmail yesterday ...
http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2011/02/gmail-back-soon-for-everyone.html
... Is anyone performing any types of backup operations for the data
in cassandra ... to safeguard against the unlikely chance of losing or
corrupting everything?

Be interested to know how you've accomplished this.  Archiving /
backup is important ... but have you ever tested the restore?

thanks in advance,
-sd

--
Sasha Dolgy
sasha.dolgy@gmail.com

Re: backup strategies

Posted by Sasha Dolgy <sd...@gmail.com>.
ah, not sure how i didn't see this.  sorry!

Is anyone actively using this approach?  Have you recovered from a
failure ?  Was it pain free?

-sd

--
Sasha Dolgy