Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ffrenchm <ff...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/03 10:47:29 UTC

ActiveMQ + OSGI

Hello,

I've some questions about ActiveMQ and OSGI.

As far as I know, there is two activemq jar bundlised : activemq-core and
activemq-pool. Is there any others ActiveMQ bundlised jars today ?

The other question I've is about the activemq bundleisation methodology. I
already see that you use pom.xml to define your dependencies. I would like
to know what kind of bundlisation tools is behind properties such as
"activemq.osgi.import.pkg". Do you use a tool like bnd for example ?

My aim is to integrate ActiveMQ bundle on Felix. I know this is already done
on servicemix 4 but through their servicemix kernel (felix + others OSGI
tools). Is there anybody who try to make it work directly on native felix ?
Do you have any advices for me ?

Thanks

Re: ActiveMQ + OSGI

Posted by ffrenchm <ff...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,

I finally solve my dependency problems... The problem comes because I didn't
load all the needing bundles.

Bellow my felix ps :

START LEVEL 1
   ID   State         Level  Name
[   0] [Active     ] [    0] System Bundle (1.5.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   1] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell Service (1.1.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   2] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Shell TUI (1.1.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   3] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Felix Bundle Repository (1.3.0.SNAPSHOT)
[   4] [Active     ] [    1] geronimo-j2ee-management_1.1_spec (1.0.1)
[   5] [Active     ] [    1] geronimo-jms_1.1_spec (1.1.1)
[   6] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Commons Logging (1.1.1)
[   7] [Active     ] [    1] Apache Log4J (1.2.15)
[   8] [Active     ] [    1] Spring Core (2.5.6)
[   9] [Active     ] [    1] Spring Context (2.5.6)
[  10] [Active     ] [    1] Spring Beans (2.5.6)
[  11] [Active     ] [    1] xbean-classloader (3.5)
[  12] [Active     ] [    1] xbean-spring (3.5)
[  13] [Active     ] [    1] activemq-core (5.2.0)
[  14] [Active     ] [    1] broker (0.0.1)
[  15] [Active     ] [    1] broker-service (0.0.1)

Thanks for all...

Re: ActiveMQ + OSGI

Posted by ffrenchm <ff...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Re: ActiveMQ + OSGI

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:47, ffrenchm <ff...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've some questions about ActiveMQ and OSGI.
>
> As far as I know, there is two activemq jar bundlised : activemq-core and
> activemq-pool. Is there any others ActiveMQ bundlised jars today ?

All ActiveMQ jars are OSGi bundles.

> The other question I've is about the activemq bundleisation methodology. I
> already see that you use pom.xml to define your dependencies. I would like
> to know what kind of bundlisation tools is behind properties such as
> "activemq.osgi.import.pkg". Do you use a tool like bnd for example ?

Yes, those properties are defined in the root pom where the
maven-bundle-plugin configuration is defined.

> My aim is to integrate ActiveMQ bundle on Felix. I know this is already done
> on servicemix 4 but through their servicemix kernel (felix + others OSGI
> tools). Is there anybody who try to make it work directly on native felix ?
> Do you have any advices for me ?

Just deploy the jars and the required dependencies.
You'll find the list in ServiceMix 4 feature definition for ActiveMQ at
   http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/apache-servicemix/4.0.0/apache-servicemix-4.0.0-features.xml
I advise you to use the same bundles as listed or you'll likely run into issues.

> Thanks

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet