Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Mark Woon <mo...@SMI.Stanford.EDU> on 2002/02/28 02:04:31 UTC

[Patch] Javadoc fixes for Avalon framework

Attached is a patch to clarify some documentation:

- deprecate AbstractLoggable
- get both "Developing with Avalon" document and Javadocs to state that
Parameterizable and Configurable are not compatible (they were contradicting
each other)

There are a bunch of warnings about the @pre and @post tags in the Javadocs for
org.avalon.apache.framework.configuration.*.  Is there an Avalon specific
doclet that's supposed to deal with these tags?  If not, should they be
removed?

-Mark

Re: [Vote] Mark Woon for committer

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
OK Enough already!

-PH

Re: [Vote] Mark Woon for committer

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Leo Simons wrote:
>>>Mark has been active in supply patches for since the 9th Feb.  It would
>>>be soooo much easier if he could apply them himself.
>>>Provided he is willing, I propose that he is made a commtter to avalon
>>>projects.
>>>
>>Someones providing documentation patches? quick quick - make him
>>a committer!
>>
>>+1
>>

> couldn't have said it better myself: +1

+1

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin

RE: [Vote] Mark Woon for committer

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

--
Cheers,

Pete

RE: [Vote] Mark Woon for committer

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Leo Sutic <le...@inspireinfrastructure.com>.
> From: Paul Hammant [mailto:Paul_Hammant@yahoo.com]
>
> Folks,
>
> Mark has been active in supply patches for since the 9th Feb.  It would
> be soooo much easier if he could apply them himself.
> Provided he is willing, I propose that he is made a commtter to avalon
> projects.
>
> Votes?

+1

Re: [Vote] Mark Woon for committer

Posted by Paul Hammant <Pa...@yahoo.com>.
Request to root@ apache mailed.

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.

Posted by Mark Woon <mo...@SMI.Stanford.EDU>.

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
Amen to that! On a documentation note -- committers should add themselves
to the list of contributors (in jakarta-avalon/src/xdocs, I think)...

(iow, would be nice to know who you are =)

- LSD

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Welcome aboard!
Steve.