Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Eliseev Alexandr <el...@technoserv.ru> on 2002/03/05 15:49:39 UTC

KeepAliveConnections

Does anyone know what is the maximum value of MaxKeepAliveRequest parametr?
The point is that when I write more then the default value for example 200 it takes no effct. When I reduces the value to 50 it really accepts not more then 50 requests. What is wrong?
I use IBM WebSphere 3.5 with IBM HTTP Server.
Can it be application server who makes limitation on that parameter?

P.S. In the docs it's written that 0 means not limited number of requests but I always fail to send/get more then 100.

Re: KeepAliveConnections

Posted by Eliseev Alexandr <el...@technoserv.ru>.
> That is determined by the value of MaxClients.
The point is that in my configuration the value of MaxClients is set to
MaxClients 500
but the result is poor - only 100 clients can be served by my server
simultaneously.
B.t.w. sometimes my server writes in default_server_stdout.log the following
error:
e25a6935 SQWrapperEven X translate a message.
com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.outofproc.ServerQueueException: Error:
nativeTranslateId2Message error response from server 2
at ....
What does it mean? Can it be the reason of my problem?

Thanks.

Re: KeepAliveConnections

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Re: KeepAliveConnections

Posted by Eliseev Alexandr <el...@technoserv.ru>.
Does this mean that when client and server open sockets client within 60
sec. can send not more then 800 requests?
If it so, then my question is the following:
How many clients can work with the server using persistent connection
(keep-alive)?
That means how many sockets could be opened on server side simultaneous?
Thanks!

RE: KeepAliveConnections

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Re: KeepAliveConnections

Posted by Eliseev Alexandr <el...@technoserv.ru>.
> Look at the value of the KeepAliveTimeout parameter as well.

A piece of httpd.conf file:

KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 800
KeepAliveTimeout 60
MaxRequestsPerChild 0
ThreadsPerChild 400

What is the max. number of keep-alive request should I expect with my
config. above?
Or may be there are some other parameters which have influence on the number
of keep-alive requests?

RE: KeepAliveConnections

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
> From: Eliseev Alexandr [mailto:eliseev@technoserv.ru]

> Does anyone know what is the maximum value of MaxKeepAliveRequest
parametr?

[Please post in plain text.]