Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Vincent S Hou <sh...@us.ibm.com> on 2017/04/04 14:22:33 UTC

Work item of OpenWhisk CLI becoming a separate Go project

Hi everyone,

OpenWhisk Go CLI has already started its journey to departure from the
openwhisk code base and become a separate Go project.
Go CLI code will be officially hosted here:
https://github.com/openwhisk/openwhisk-client-go, used to be under
https://github.com/openwhisk/openwhisk/tree/master/tools/cli/go-whisk.
The Go Client code is hosted here:
https://github.com/openwhisk/openwhisk-cli, used to be under
https://github.com/openwhisk/openwhisk/tree/master/tools/cli/go-whisk-cli.
OpenWhisk CLI depends on the Go Client code.

My team members have launched the implementation by moving the cli code
into the new repos. Next we plan to change the deployment script in
openwhisk to install go cli from new repos. Issues will be opened either
under openwhisk or openwhisk-cli repos. Eventually the GO cli under
openwhisk will sunset.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out to me. Thank
you.

Best wishes.
Vincent Hou (侯胜博)

Advisory Software Engineer, OpenStack Contributor, IaaS and OpenStack
Department, Open Technology, IBM Cloud

Notes ID: Vincent S Hou/Raleigh/IBM, E-mail: shou@us.ibm.com,
Phone: +1(919)254-7182
Address: 4205 S Miami Blvd (Cornwallis Drive), Durham, NC 27703, United
States

Re: Work item of OpenWhisk CLI becoming a separate Go project

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.
+1
Thanks Vincent for driving this effort

This will allows to versioned the, and improve installation UX

- Carlos Santana
@csantanapr