Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Shane Reid <ne...@igg.net> on 2000/12/20 03:00:28 UTC

Apache::ASP

I've run into a problem with the examples (eg).  I downloaded, ran the
Makefile.pl and the make and make install all of those work then copied the
eg directory under the www directory for the webserver edited the httpd.conf
file to change AllowOverride from None to All then restarted and tried to go
to the examples directory -- Internal Server Error.  The logs show the
particular error, thinking it was a problem with MD5 I tried to install it,
it was up to date so did a clean then installed it over and it still gave
same error.  If you have any ideas please throw them at me.

[Tue Dec 19 17:55:44 2000] [error] Can't locate Digest/Perl/MD5.pm in @INC
(@INC contains: /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503/mach /usr/libdata/perl/5.00503
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005 . /usr/local/etc/apache/
/usr/local/etc/apache/lib/perl) at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/i386-freebsd/Digest/MD5.pm line 20.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/Apache/ASP.pm line 13.

[Tue Dec 19 17:55:44 2000] [error] Undefined subroutine
&Apache::ASP::handler called.

Thanks
-Shane Reid

Re: Apache::ASP

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Shane Reid wrote:

> Went ahead and did that, same error.  I have not added a <Location directive
> to get it to "start ticking" but according to the quickstart and the config
> the examples should run before adding that.  So im still stuck at that part.

Well, we need to find the error for

> > > [Tue Dec 19 17:55:44 2000] [error] Can't locate Digest/Perl/MD5.pm in @INC

which as far as I know doesn't exist.  Try this:

<Perl>
  use Carp qw(confess);
  $SIG{__DIE__} = \&confess;
</Perl>

Do that block before anything else in your httpd.conf, so that
when the die() occurs, it will trigger a stack trace and we can
see where its coming from.  We need to know the offending
module & line no. that has that module referenced,
and deal with it constructively :)

--Josh

Joshua Chamas			        Chamas Enterprises Inc.
NodeWorks >> free web link monitoring	Huntington Beach, CA  USA

Re: Apache::ASP

Posted by Shane Reid <ne...@igg.net>.
Went ahead and did that, same error.  I have not added a <Location directive
to get it to "start ticking" but according to the quickstart and the config
the examples should run before adding that.  So im still stuck at that part.

-Shane

Re: Apache::ASP

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.

Re: Apache::ASP

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Shane Reid wrote:

> I've run into a problem with the examples (eg).  I downloaded, ran the
> Makefile.pl and the make and make install all of those work then copied the
> eg directory under the www directory for the webserver edited the httpd.conf
> file to change AllowOverride from None to All then restarted and tried to go
> to the examples directory -- Internal Server Error.  The logs show the
> particular error, thinking it was a problem with MD5 I tried to install it,
> it was up to date so did a clean then installed it over and it still gave
> same error.  If you have any ideas please throw them at me.
>
> [Tue Dec 19 17:55:44 2000] [error] Can't locate Digest/Perl/MD5.pm in @INC

cauze it looks for Digest/Perl/MD5.pm -- grep the code for:
Digest::Perl::MD5

looks like a typo to me

mailto:stas@stason.org   http://apachetoday.com http://logilune.com/