Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by AD <ab...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/01 22:46:10 UTC

Re: Considering Chukwa for Log Processing

I was wondering what is the best way to do log search after the aggregation
step. Are there ways to do searches from the HICC? From what I understood is
that I need to write my own PIG scripts. Are they good enough if I want to
grep for specific errors and keywords from HBase?

Thanks,
Abhijit

Re: Considering Chukwa for Log Processing

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.
There is currently no search function implemented in HICC.  You will need to write your own script to do search.  Pig script grep is probably easiest to write.
Hope this helps.

regards,
Eric