Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by dovle <do...@delsyne.ro> on 2003/05/19 13:05:43 UTC

Web App containing multiple web services

Hello all,

I have implemeted a web service. It is quite big so i decided to split the
functionality in more than one service. So in fact this web app contains
four (4) web services: one of them deals with login, another one provides
methods for account management and so on.

First Q : is this a good approach? Are there any opptions?

Another thing: my services use the same objects. So I have only one
deploy.xml file, containing all the services and sharing the beanMapping
stuff.

Now, as you can see, i provide the login functionality. This means I have to
use statefull soap requests. And those requests must be statefull from one
service to another. For example the client calls the login of the wsLogin
and then calls the getProfile from wsUsers. It works fine, anyway.

But now, on the client, I had to implement the communication layer manually.
Can someone tell me how can I use the WSDL2Java tool to unify all those
WebServices that made my WebApp??? Because each of them has its own wsdl
file. So calling the WSDL2Java wsLogin will give me the files and the beans.
But whem calling the WSDL2Java wsUsers, will it work?

And supposing that it works, how will the client be able to keep the state
from one service to another?

For example client calls wsLogin.login(usr, pwd). Then when calling the
wsUsers.getProfile( ), the server will retrieve client's id by looking into
the session. But when generated by wsdl2java as 2 different services, is it
going to be the same session ?

Hope somebody understands what I am trying to ask... :o)

Tx for your help
dovle