Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com> on 2008/02/02 00:48:31 UTC

RE: HttpServer Example

Hi Rafael,

Normally, the client application will also have references to the WSDL/XSDs implemented by the server.  These files define the server's operational and object model interface.  If the client doesn't have these files, it won't know what operations it can call or what data structures are required.  With these files, the client should easily know that "Port" contains an integer, even though the actual XML stores the value as a plain string.

If you use a Java data binding tool (i.e. XmlBeans), the tool should be smart enough to generate methods to access "Port" as an integer.  So if you client app uses the artifacts generated from your data binding tool (i.e. Java classes from XmlBeans representing the XSD types), it should be able to access "Port" as an integer without needing to look directly as the WSDL/XSD to know its type.

-Vinh

Posted by Rafael <rl...@lpnhe.in2p3.fr>.

lenni.madsen@bt.com escribió:
> Hi Rafael
>
> Just a fair bit of warning and help, the xsd:integer variable value is to the best of my knowledge only useful within the scope of Java. At least for the integration work I've done so far with WSRF .Net and Muse, the generation of proxies for a Muse resource with a xsd:integer value in the wsdl fails, however using xsd:int is fine for both Java and WSRF .Net.
>
> Just in case you want to make your resource have more integration abilities later down the road.
>
> And guys I suggest this small alteration to the Muse example to show good practice in terms of integration further down the road.
>
> /Lenni

RE: HttpServer Example

Posted by le...@bt.com.