Posted to user@commons.apache.org by chenxuejie <ch...@nec.cn> on 2010/10/15 03:00:15 UTC

when use FTPClient to do server to server file transfer's append failed

Hi all

The action is "server to which the client is connected to append to a given
file on the other server"
The result is the new file replaced the remote file.

I think FTPClient.java  should change as follows:

public boolean remoteAppend(String filename) throws IOException
    {
        if (__dataConnectionMode == ACTIVE_REMOTE_DATA_CONNECTION_MODE ||
                __dataConnectionMode == PASSIVE_REMOTE_DATA_CONNECTION_MODE)

//            return FTPReply.isPositivePreliminary(stor(filename));
            return FTPReply.isPositivePreliminary(appe(filename));
        return false;
    }

thanks

--Xuejie Chen

Re: when use FTPClient to do server to server file transfer's append failed

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 15 October 2010 09:53, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15 October 2010 02:00, chenxuejie <ch...@nec.cn> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> The action is "server to which the client is connected to append to a given
>> file on the other server"
>> The result is the new file replaced the remote file.
>>
>> I think FTPClient.java  should change as follows:
>>
>> public boolean remoteAppend(String filename) throws IOException
>>    {
>>        if (__dataConnectionMode == ACTIVE_REMOTE_DATA_CONNECTION_MODE ||
>>                __dataConnectionMode == PASSIVE_REMOTE_DATA_CONNECTION_MODE)
>>
>> //            return FTPReply.isPositivePreliminary(stor(filename));
>>            return FTPReply.isPositivePreliminary(appe(filename));
>>        return false;
>>    }
>>
>> thanks
>
> Thanks for the report; the code will be changed as you suggest.

I created the following JIRA issue to track this:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NET-341

Re: when use FTPClient to do server to server file transfer's append failed

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.