Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/14 17:41:15 UTC

findbugs-annotations?

Anyone know where I can find a repo for this artifact:

com.github.stephenc.findbugs:findbugs-annotations:3.0.1-1

stephenc lists the Repositories here [1] but I can't find the latest
release in those mentioned repos (i.e. here [2] or here [3])

I don't think we'll have this resolved for RC2, but I'm hoping that's okay
because other projects depend on findbugs:jsr305 (i.e. hadoop and fluo).

--Aaron

[1]
http://stephenc.github.io/findbugs-annotations/distribution-management.html
[2]
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/com/github/stephenc/findbugs/findbugs-annotations/
[3]
https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/com/github/stephenc/findbugs/findbugs-annotations/

Re: findbugs-annotations?

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
My understanding is that you would still use javax.annotation.Nullable
(or any defined in JSR-305) in the code and then the implementation you
provide on the classpath would satisfy the implementation. Have you
tried out removing the findbugs version for the stephenc version at
runtime to see if things explode?

re: Phoenix, looks like I need to bash more heads. I had a multi-day
event recently fixing their licensing, but it appears that you found
something I had missed. Thanks for pointing it out. I think maybe the
findbugs dependency was just not removed...

https://github.com/apache/phoenix/blob/master/phoenix-core/pom.xml#L277-L280

Re: findbugs-annotations?

Posted by "Aaron D. Mihalik" <aa...@gmail.com>.
Josh,